Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday's news

Well, I did get to go to the fabric store today. and Jay went with me. Of course he sat on the "husband" sofa and looked bored for most of the time but he went! Then we went to Walmart and we were going to get a $1.00 squeeze bottle. $53.00 later we left the store but I have a lamp shade on my lamp and curtains for the guest bedroom and we have food so it's not all bad.
And I think I should tell the story of what happened to us Sunday as we were driving home from Jen's wedding.
We came through the hills of southern Indiana on the back roads and stopped in Loogootee to get gas AND for me to get the dog out of the car since he had just thrown up two blocks before we stopped!! I'm walking the dog and Jay is waiting in the car to pull up to the pump. The station only had two pumps but there were lines on both sides of them! When I got back to the car I found out why.
When was the last time that you pulled into a gas station and SOMEONE CAME OUT TO PUMP THE GAS FOR YOU????? It was a pretty novel experience! LOL

2 comments:

  1. That is novel! I thought you were going to say that gas was at an all-time low price!
    Just leaving school now. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it was when we were in college at the Sunoco or was it Marathon and the gas wars were around 25 or 35 cents. We're down to $1.76 now.

    Why do we women have dad chairs and dad sofa's but when you go to Home Depot or the Auto shop if there is a place to sit, it's all oiley or a dog is already asleep in the chair? I take that back, one summer I did find some patio furniture to sit, eat my dollar hotdog from the vendor outside,(delish) and read a magazine while Al was looking at electricity stuff for his shed.

    ReplyDelete