Monday, April 7, 2008

Things I have learned in four weeks as a Grandma

#1. Baby take time. Lots and lots of time.
#2. Housework does not get done unless it involves feeding baby or mommy and daddy!
#3. If you want to drink a cup of coffee without having to reheat it, get up 30 minutes before the baby. Of course since the baby can get up anywhere from 6 to 9 a.m. Good luck.
#4. Formula is easier now. You just scoop and shake. that's the easy part, it disolves so much better then it did 30 years ago.
#5. Baby takes time.
#6. You can NOT have too many gowns for a baby. Daddy likes them because they are a lot easier to change diapers. I seem to remember that same thought 30 years ago!
#7. You can't get enough of just holding her.
#8. You will hear screaming durning the night since she still is NOT into this breast feeding thing. Actually, you'll hear it durning the day too.
#9. A Grandma's best friend is the five ingredient cook book for the crock pot! Great stuff and easy!
#10. I now know how to drive the Prius since someone had to go to the grocery after Daddy went back to work and act as driver for Mommy and baby going to the Dr. and the Lactation consultant!
#11. I don't want to go home. I'm going to miss the next 8 weeks and that's about 8 weeks too many.





Here we see comfort! If you like to sleep that way, why not?




Close up of sleeping baby. It's this picture that finally told me that I see a bit of my older brother Millard in her face. and hair and temper!



Hey, look mom, I can hold up my head. sorta.


When she sleeps, she sleeps.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I am sure Raley, Sarah and Dan will miss you too! Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I could get into that sleeping thing too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing... she looks so tiny in some pictures and so much bigger in others (the one with Sarah holding her vs. the one with her spawled out on Sarah). I know you're going to miss her... I miss her and I haven't even been there to see her. But I know that Sarah and Dan (and Raley) appreciated you being there for as long as you were. And dad and Albie will be excited for you to be home!

    ReplyDelete