Saturday, May 3, 2008

Late at night news

for the four or so people who read this just though I'd tell you about our day.
Kind of slow for the first part of it. I had a meeting, Daddy watched this PBS home shows and then I came home to fall asleep for about an hour and a half.
then it was off to buy a respirator so that we can wash the basement walls to get rid of some mold and mildew. We have decided that is first on the list since even if we ended up staying here we want to get that taken care of. So this evening we were down there trying to clean things out some more and decided to bring up the paint that has been sitting there for years now. That's when the fun began! I got the paint I was carrying up the stairs but one of Daddy's cans had part of the handle pull out and there was pink paint on the top steps, the tile in the hallway, the kitchen, the back hall, you get the idea. So we spent some time cleaning up what we could of that and I found out just how dirty the stairs are going down into the basement! We had decided to watch the NASCAR race (which is in Richmond tonight and Jenna and Reid are too far away to listen to it now) when the phone rang. It was Grandad. He is driving himself down to Noblesville so he can check himself into the ER to be checked for a panic attack that is giving him pains like a heart attack. Why drive two hours to do this?? So that he can be seen by the dr. who worked with Momma D. So in a few minutes, Jay is off to the hospital to meet him and I'll be here on the sofa waiting. Guess we'll see where it goes from there.

2 comments:

  1. Keep us posted... and I know about cleaning up paint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything is ok with Grandpa D. I too know about cleaning up paint. Since I am trying to pass on my helpful tips regarding painting, a product called Krud Kutter, really gets up paint off of surfaces. It even got off paint from 2 years ago that was on our cabinets and wood work. You have to work on it sometimes, but it does get it off.

    ReplyDelete