Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pear butter 1


Ok, here's one of the activities I got done this week. It took longer then I had thought it would because of going north but I'm sure happy with the finished product. Dick, the neighbor next door, gave me the pears so other then buying three container for the freezer this was free pear butter and you can't find that to buy anyway!!
Jenna, you inspired me.



Here they are. the pears from Dick's over achieving tree. I only got about a peck but it was enough to get them ready! My hand didn't like that much time with the knife!


Here they all are, cut and seeds out ready to be cooked down.


I only had about an inch of water when I started. All the rest of the juice is from the pears.

I had help with the sieving. We kept alternating bowls and in the next post you'll see just how much we got.
I also added some sugar, clove, all spice, nutmeg to the mix so it is a spiced butter.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: